Happy Thought Indeed

Once upon a time, there was a girl who loved Jane Austen, U2, movies, reading, and the Red Sox. Then she met the Object of Her Affection and found someone who liked three out of five. She decided this was a good thing. This is her story.

Monday, October 29, 2007

SWEEP!!!

If it hadn't been one o'clock in the morning and I wasn't beyond exhausted, I would have totally recapped last night. Wild elation, nausea over the drama (Delcarmen! Oki! Don't DO that to me!), and then wild elation all over again.

They so deserve it and Mike Lowell is the sweetest, most generous player to ever walk out of that clubhouse and if they let him go for Alex Fucking Jackass Rodriguez, I will weep. I was so happy for them, especially guys like Schilling and Timlin (might be the last in Sox uniforms), Kielty (that homerun, holy shit!), and of course, Pedroia and Ellsbury. Other teams talk about being a team; I really, truly believe it when these guys do. They rise together and they fall together and they fucking WIN together. Everyone, from Papelbon and Varitek to Hinske and Kielty to Papi and Manny, they all worked together to bring this back to Boston. They truly are the best team in baseball and I love to watch them play and win triumph.

Even JD Drew gets my love tonight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home