Happy Thought Indeed

Once upon a time, there was a girl who loved Jane Austen, U2, movies, reading, and the Red Sox. Then she met the Object of Her Affection and found someone who liked three out of five. She decided this was a good thing. This is her story.

Monday, August 13, 2007

First One In A Long Time

So, not to be gross, but for the first time in what feels like forever, I got my period. This was depressing for two reasons. A) it meant I wasn't pregnant (not that I expected to be, I mean I just went off the pill a couple weeks ago) and b) it meant I was in EXCRUCIATING pain from Friday to Sunday.

I don't know if it was just that the memory of the pain had dimmed since it had been so long since I'd gotten a period or if I just blocked it because I didn't want to think about it. Either way, I hate my body. There's the usual issues of weight gain and bad hair and needing an eyebrow wax desperately when it comes to my body. But add that horrifying bloat that makes my pants uncomfortable and it's so not good. People think I'm kidding about the bloat, but I'm so totally not. I have tried everything: diuretics, period pills (like pamprin or motrin), drinking huge amounts of water so I have to pee every five minutes, even gas medicine like phasyme. Nothing works. I can't get rid of it. I'm so bloated my clothes don't fit. And I don't wear tight clothes.

But it's almost over. Another day or so. And the bloat is mostly gone. Hurray for that.

Sorry to be so gross.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home