Happy Thought Indeed

Once upon a time, there was a girl who loved Jane Austen, U2, movies, reading, and the Red Sox. Then she met the Object of Her Affection and found someone who liked three out of five. She decided this was a good thing. This is her story.

Wednesday, August 08, 2007

My Husband Is A Weirdo

One of my best friends sells insurance for a living. We got some quotes from her for insurance and they were kind of high for life insurance. So we got some quotes from another company. And they were better.

The problem with doing business with friends is that you have to tell them when you're not going to do business with them. We're still going to use her for auto and home, just not for life. And I have to tell her that. Which is fine, because I warned her from the start that we would do what was best for us financially, but that we were willing to hear her out. So now I have to finish this up with her.

But Omar has not stopped talking about the life insurance thing since the guy left an hour ago. He's all excited about this and wants to keep talking about it. Look, you buy life insurance for when someone dies. I don't want to be talking about my husband dying when he's not even thirty yet. I'm all set with it. I don't know if we got enough insurance, but we can always add more once we have kids. So that's good.

The weather has been disgusting. Horrifyingingly disgusting. It's humid and hot and today it stormed. Even though I had an umbrella, it looked like I had showered in my clothes when I walked into my building. Blah.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home