Happy Thought Indeed

Once upon a time, there was a girl who loved Jane Austen, U2, movies, reading, and the Red Sox. Then she met the Object of Her Affection and found someone who liked three out of five. She decided this was a good thing. This is her story.

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Jordin Sparks Makes Me Feel Old

Dude, she talked about how her mom loved Bon Jovi a couple weeks ago. I felt like I was 100. She needs to lose the jheri curls, though.

Veronica Mars is opposite the finale of Idol next week. Omar's going to have rig something up, because I am totally not missing either one. And I wish people would stop booing Simon. He's right, you morons. It's why he makes millions. Jesus Christ.

I talked to my roommate from college tonight, who's got a 6 week old baby. So I'm alternately jealous and horrified of/for her right now.

Sir Mix A Lot just did "baby got back" with Blake and I'm half thrilled and half horrified.

Anyway, she's got that baby and I'm jealous because she's got a baby and she got married before me and now had a baby before me and she didn't even date her husband HALF as long as I dated Omar before she got married. Omar and I are going on nine years together this fall, which just reiterates to me again that I am old. OLD. Elderly. Decrepit. Ancient.

The baby's six weeks old and she's telling me all these horror stories about her delivery and not sleeping and being depressed, etc., and I'm like, "NEVER." Yet, I want a baby so BADLY. Badly enough that I am willing to risk crippling pain and go off the pill in 8 weeks to start trying.

So who the hell knows?

My pick: Jordin and Melinda in the finale, Melinda wins it all. Another American Idol CD I won't buy because the singer is boring. I own Daughtry, Kelly Clarkson and, shame-facedly, the first Clay Aiken release. Nothing else, because I find the rest boring. I've never even heard a single off Taylor Hicks' first CD and Katharine McPhee's first single bored me. I wasn't a Fantasia fan, didn't watch Carrie Underwood's season because I was watching Lost back then and because I was workaholic at The Store and didn't watch the season when Clay and Reuben competed. This is the first time I've watched consecutive seasons of Idol ever. I watched season one, skipped two, watched three, skipped four, watched five and six. We'll see about next year.

Veronica Mars is winding down and I don't know if it's coming back or not next year. Better take what I can get while I can.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home