Happy Thought Indeed

Once upon a time, there was a girl who loved Jane Austen, U2, movies, reading, and the Red Sox. Then she met the Object of Her Affection and found someone who liked three out of five. She decided this was a good thing. This is her story.

Tuesday, April 24, 2007

What The Hell?

So I got offered a job today from the phone center (well not so much offered as told I was hired) and I took it. Which is confusing except for the fact that I need this full time job (with its paid vacation days) to look for a new full time job. Which is something my mother clearly doesn't understand, but all Omar cared about was if I was going to get more money (I am). Significantly less than I am worth, but money all the same. So what the hell? Why am I continuing to work in a job that's beneath me? Because I am a whore to the almighty dollar. I like having a car and a roof over my head. And while our financial sitch is by no means desperate, it's not exactly comfy either. So now we're a little bit more comfy and I feel better about that.

In other news, my mother finally got her cast off. And the Red Sox swept the Yankees in a series so fraught with tension I was afraid to turn the channel (but I HAD to go to bed Sunday because I was too tired to stay up and see the end of the game. ESPN sucks. They seriously need to stop showing Sunday night baseball at 8. It needs to be on at 7 so I can still enjoy the game and get my beauty sleep).

Omar and I are going to Capitol Grille for our anniversary. Should be good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home