Happy Thought Indeed

Once upon a time, there was a girl who loved Jane Austen, U2, movies, reading, and the Red Sox. Then she met the Object of Her Affection and found someone who liked three out of five. She decided this was a good thing. This is her story.

Saturday, October 20, 2007

Do Or Die

Tonight the Sox have to win or they're eliminated from the playoffs. And my parents got tix for the game because the parent of one of my mom's former students is the GM for the Lowell Spinners, which is the Sox's triple A affiliate. My mom keeps calling me from Fenway on her cell phone and my dad is texting me. I'm so excited for them because my dad's never been to a playoff game before. He's so psyched!

They seriously need to not lose. This is it. They either do this or they're done. The stress is just too much for me. And I loathe Fox so much it's not even funny.

Yesterday at work was kind of hard. When I got to my building, there was crime scene tape everywhere and we were being re-routed to the bank or starbucks' entrance that share the ground floor of our building. I said to one of the guys who works on my floor, "What's going on?" and he pointed to something in the road and said, "Is that a body?" I looked at it hard and sure enough, it was a body. One of the girls in my group was in starbucks and told me that a security guard had jumped from the twelfth floor of our building. Our lobby is floor to ceiling windows so as I was walking to the elevator, I could see the body on the road, covered by a sheet. Even though the sheet was covering him, you could still see blood and bits and things. I don't think I stopped being nauseous until I got home that night and got a big hug from Omar. It just makes me so sad. And it made me angry that the police left the guy in the road for so long, too. I realize they had to investigate, but there was no need to leave that man there. I had never been so glad to leave work that day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home