Happy Thought Indeed

Once upon a time, there was a girl who loved Jane Austen, U2, movies, reading, and the Red Sox. Then she met the Object of Her Affection and found someone who liked three out of five. She decided this was a good thing. This is her story.

Friday, December 19, 2008

Disaster

In the last 20 minutes, I have set a dishtowel on fire, slammed my head into a handle resulting in a nasty bump, and burned a saucepan because I didn't put enough water in it. Also, I may have burned the melted chocolate for my crinkle cookies, but Omar swears the batter tasted fine. Well, we'll find out tomorrow when I bake them.

We're having friends over for dinner tomorrow night as a thank you for helping us move to the Hellmouth. I'm making two trays of stuffed shells, plus appetizers and desserts. Tonight, I made the sauce for the shells and started one of the desserts. I'll be cooking all day tomorrow so I don't have to cook when the guests get here.

I swear, my house is trying to do me in. First I slipped in the tub yesterday and have a monstrously hideously huge bruise on my right leg. Now the dishtowel and the practically concussed head trauma.

On a more serious note, my dad's best friend's mother died this morning. It sounds like a tenuous connection, but she was present my whole childhood. She was such a good lady and her family was so devoted to her. She will be so sorely missed and my heart is just broken for my Uncle Brian. So Mem, wherever you are tonight, I miss you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home