Happy Thought Indeed

Once upon a time, there was a girl who loved Jane Austen, U2, movies, reading, and the Red Sox. Then she met the Object of Her Affection and found someone who liked three out of five. She decided this was a good thing. This is her story.

Wednesday, November 05, 2008

A New Era

I can only quote Annie Kinsella (Amy Madigan) from Field of Dreams here:
"All right, America, I'm proud of ya!"

Seriously. We get a lot wrong. But last night, we got it so, so, so very right. Barack Obama isn't going to be an instant fix to this country's problems and he's got such a long, hard road ahead of him. But he brought hope and the promise of change to this country and I think that's why he won. We are all sick of the status quo and he is certainly not the status quo.

I am anxious to see what he can do and so very hopeful that he can fulfill his promise.

I can't wait to see how this ends up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home