Happy Thought Indeed

Once upon a time, there was a girl who loved Jane Austen, U2, movies, reading, and the Red Sox. Then she met the Object of Her Affection and found someone who liked three out of five. She decided this was a good thing. This is her story.

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Weddings and Showers and Bdays, Oh My!

This has been one fucking ridiculously busy summer. Seriously, I don't think Omar and I have been home a single weekend since we moved to the Hellmouth. We haven't actually.

July 4th weekend: bbq at my parents' house, then one at Omar's parents' house
July 12 weekend: Annual Bastille Day Whiffle Ball tournament
July 19 weekend: wedding
July 25 weekend: Bday party for Omar's mother and best friend, one Saturday, one Sunday

August 2 weekend: visit with Omar's goddaughter's family
August 9 weekend: BBQ on Cape Cod
August 16 weekend: wedding that Friday night, party at a friend's that Saturday night
August 23 weekend: visit to Vermont to see two sets of college friends

August 30th weekend is the first weekend we won't be going anywhere, but it's still not going to be restful. That's the first weekend we can get into the house so that we can start painting and ripping stuff up (that's going to be thrilling!).

September isn't shaping up to be much more settled. Baby showers, birthday parties (one for my own sainted mother), and concerts are taking up most of the weekends (I cannot even start to tell you how excited I am to go see New Kids on the Block in September. If Joey Mac doesn't sing "Please Don't Go Girl" I will fucking sob. I may sob even if he does sing it because I love NKOTB. It is my secret shame how much I love boy bands).

The closing is scheduled for a week from tomorrow and I am so freaking ready for all this to be over. I want to just be in my house and enjoy things. I want to cook in a kitchen that's bigger than a goddamn postage stamp. I want to be in a house that's mine, where I can spill things without freaking out about my security deposit.

Can I also just mention how Omar's love for Family Guy is going to drive me to distraction? He bitches about how much I watch Law and Order:CI but he watches almost as much of Family Guy as I do of L&O:CI.

Speaking of which, Vincent D'Onofrio is still my new favorite actor. And I also think that they're bringing Nicole Wallace back for the season finale next week. I thought Chris Noth's last episode was lame; he got a better send off from the mothership show. Also, Julianne Nicholson needs a better hair style. I worry, though, that they're going to break up Goren and Eames; I don't think that's going to work for me. They have a really great chemistry and a really great rhythm.

I don't know how I'm going to work the whole fall tv season. Clearly, I'm going back to Chuck, Heroes, and Bones. I wanted to watch Fringe because I love me some JJ Abrams, but I don't know what else I want. I'm going to have to pass on Pushing Daisies this fall, no matter how much I love it, simply because it's on opposite Bones.

One more week and I'll own my house!!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home