Happy Thought Indeed

Once upon a time, there was a girl who loved Jane Austen, U2, movies, reading, and the Red Sox. Then she met the Object of Her Affection and found someone who liked three out of five. She decided this was a good thing. This is her story.

Sunday, October 26, 2008

Maybe I'm Old

So I went to the movies on Friday night with Baby Sis and Omar and felt about a hundred and two. First, there was the teenage girl named "Precious" who stuck her hand in front of my face at the box office. When I made a comment (something the line of "do you mind?") she threatened me and then proceeded to follow me into the ladies' room in order to intimidate me. I'm serious about her name - that was what all the little douchebag friends she was with called her. She was also about fifteen and half my size. They continued to talk about what a bitch I was the whole time I was peeing and about how she was going to kick my ass, etc, etc. However, I stepped out of the stall, washed my hands and walked past her without any interaction.

Then, we get into the theater. We went to see Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist so I expected teenagers. I did not expect cell phones through the whole movie and constant texting. It made me very cranky.

Is it just me or are teenagers nowadays way more obnoxious than my friends and I ever were? They were awful. What kind of mannerless bitch shoves her arm in front of someone's face? What kind of thoughtless brat continues to text and squeal during a movie when the person she's texting is sitting four seats down from her.

Whatever. All I know is that teenagers suck.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home