Happy Thought Indeed

Once upon a time, there was a girl who loved Jane Austen, U2, movies, reading, and the Red Sox. Then she met the Object of Her Affection and found someone who liked three out of five. She decided this was a good thing. This is her story.

Monday, October 13, 2008

Typical 8th Inning Meltdown

Way to go, Paul Byrd. Instead of being slightly within reach (a 5-1 deficit is not insurmountable), now I want to go drown myself in alcohol while you pull a Timlin and kill my dreams. Thanks a lot.

Packing up to move tomorrow and Omar and I are far ahead of where he thinks we were going to be. Of course, he's also pissed at me because I'm sitting on the couch doing this instead of packing, but all my clothes are in a box, all my jewelry and makeup is packed, I finished the kitchen hours ago. I refuse to shred documents tonight (too loud) and everything else I need to pack is stuff I also need for tomorrow (shampoo, soap, deodorant, etc). I won't let him unhook the computer until tomorrow.

Baby Sis's crap is all at the house. Mom's coming over tomorrow to unpack her stuff while she's at school, which will be pretty funny when Baby Sis shows up at the house on Saturday to put her room in order.

This game is over. I want Chuck to start now. God, I hate national announcers who are not Don Orsillo and Jerry Remy. Why the hell do they have to keep talking about how much the Sox miss Manny? They're not losing this game because Manny isn't here. They're losing this game because the Tampa pitchers were pretty good tonight and Lester and Byrd weren't. End of it. I am so sick of "this team misses Manny" crap. He behaved like a spoiled two year old. The whole sign in the dugout about being traded to Green Bay during the Favre thing was beyond disrespectful and I can guarantee you that none of his teammates found it amusing. He was a cancer in that clubhouse and it's better that he's gone. They made it past the Angels without him and they're down two games to one right now. They can still make it the Series without him. Although I hope to God the Phillies crush the Dodgers so I don't have to look at Manny in the national spotlight. Because then it's all about how poorly he behaved and if he had done his job in Boston, things may have turned out differently.

Enough. He's gone and that's all that matters. And truthfully, I think if you asked any player on that team if they'd rather have Jason Bay and his positive attitude and excitement about being in his first post season play and his contributions to this team or Manny and his antics and his amazing bat, they'd tell you straight up they'd take Jason Bay. He's not Manny and he's never going to be, but he's had a solid run here in Boston and I wouldn't be shocked if they kept him in the fall.

Poor Omar looks crushed. He's tired and cranky and the Red Sox losing is just pissing him off.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home