Happy Thought Indeed

Once upon a time, there was a girl who loved Jane Austen, U2, movies, reading, and the Red Sox. Then she met the Object of Her Affection and found someone who liked three out of five. She decided this was a good thing. This is her story.

Saturday, November 15, 2008

Dinner for Three

Eva came down for dinner tonight. Wished she could have stayed longer, but we had a nice meal at John Harvard's where not one, but two waitstaff members stopped by our table to say hi to us. We seriously go there waaay too much.

It was nice to catch up with her. She's back living up north and she hates it. She cut her hair and it looks adorable. Makes me wish I was brave enough to chop a few inches off, but my hair comes just below my shoulders and I'm too chicken to cut any more off. After I got married, I didn't cut it for like two years so it was almost to my waist when I started working at John Hancock. It was stick straight with no style and no shape. I used to twist it up into a french twist every day for work, jab it with a few pins and wear it like that because I hated how lank it looked. When I went to get it cut, she cut off like six inches or so. She layered it and it looks cute, but I used to love how sophisticated that twist looked and it's harder to do with layers because some of them don't stay in. I need half a bottle of hair spray and twice the number of pins to keep it up, even though my hair is shorter now.

Omar is doing laundry for me tonight, which is awesome because I need clean clothes and I hate doing laundry. I also found one of my candles to light today because the kitchen smelled like a sewer from the trash can. But the candle doesn't really smell like much. Oh well. At least I found one of them. I think I'm going to have to break down and actually unpack this weekend.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home