Happy Thought Indeed

Once upon a time, there was a girl who loved Jane Austen, U2, movies, reading, and the Red Sox. Then she met the Object of Her Affection and found someone who liked three out of five. She decided this was a good thing. This is her story.

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

It's All Fun and Games...

...until someone gets my foot up their ass.

I swear to God, if I knew people were always going to be stupid, I totally would've moved to Alaska or Antarctica or some other frozen barren place where there weren't going to be people. Now it's too late. I'm a functioning member of society and cannot live without modern comforts.

I have a list of clients from the store that I have to write notes to and let them know I'm leaving. I gave my notice last week and my last day is on Oct. 14. I do not have another job lined out, but I don't care about that (yet). This is the opportunity to look, you know? Anyway, a lot of these clients are very high maintenance. I wanted to send them notes and let them know I'm leaving so that they aren't surprised when they come in next time and find me gone.

It's a little bit more than I have to do, but some of these clients I know by name and know their kids and they know me and about parts of my life, etc. I want to make sure that these people are still taken care of after I leave (not that they wouldn't be; most of them spend a fortune there so we kiss up pretty bad).

Today, I had two of my highest strung, irritating clients today and honest to god, people like that are why I am leaving retail and never coming back. I can't even stand it anymore. I can't wait to leave retail.

These people have no sense of what it is to wait on them. They take up hours sometimes. Yes, they say thank you (for the most part) and yes this is part of my job. But when I'm done with them, I want to sprawl across the counters and slug vodka. Continuously. And forever.

I think I have the potential to become an alcoholic. It certainly seems appealing at some times.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home