Happy Thought Indeed

Once upon a time, there was a girl who loved Jane Austen, U2, movies, reading, and the Red Sox. Then she met the Object of Her Affection and found someone who liked three out of five. She decided this was a good thing. This is her story.

Thursday, August 31, 2006

Improvising with Rachael Ray

So tonight Rock Starr and I had pork chops. I don't like pork chops normally because I think pork is very bland. I had borrowed my mother's copy of "365 No Repeats" or whatever the hell it is. I looked up pork and found a receipe for pork with a mustard sauce. I didn't have some of the ingredients, so I tried to improvise. And it came out funky.

The meat itself came out okay. But the sauce, which cooks in a separate pot Thank the Lord, came out way too salty and mustardy. WAY TOO SALTY. It was gross, in fact. We put it down the garbage disposal. The meat was okay, not too dry, but I wanted to make something nice. Rachael Ray can be the devil sometimes. Who actually keeps chicken broth in their cabinet all year long? Damn it!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home