Happy Thought Indeed

Once upon a time, there was a girl who loved Jane Austen, U2, movies, reading, and the Red Sox. Then she met the Object of Her Affection and found someone who liked three out of five. She decided this was a good thing. This is her story.

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Accents Are Funny

I'm watching Without a Trace on TNT while I'm waiting for Kidnapped to come on and it just makes me giggle that three of the shows actors have Australian and British accents in "real" life. Marianne Jean Baptiste is so British (despite the name); she was in Secrets and Lies and every time I watch this show I think about that movie and how much I hate Mike Leigh movies. Poppy Montgomery has a pretty decent American accent for an Australian and so does Anthony LaPaglia. In fact, I think she pretty much just speaks with an American accent all the time. Lots of Australian actors seem to do pretty decent American accents. Russell Crowe usually does and so does the Botox queen Nicole Kidman.

When I lived in England, I got so used to the accents that I stopped thinking they were sexy. And really, guys in England are just as homely as guys in the states (obviously excepting Omar!!). They have really bad teeth, too.

So about two more weeks left at the store and I can't freaking wait. I'm so ready to be done with that place.

The fake Derek Frye from All My Children is playing an African leader on Without a Trace except he sounds Jamaican. Derek Frye will always be the guy who it was before this freak, whatever his name was. This guy's a terrible actor and can't even fake an accent for a fictional African country that doesn't sound like a fake accent from the Carribean.

Veronica Mars is totally my new obsession. It's freaky how obsessed I am. I just finished rewatching season 1 and now I'm rewatching season 2 before Tuesday!! SO EXCITED!! Jason Dohring is such a cutie. Kristen Bell was just kind of nasty to him (not him, really, but his character) in an interview with TV Guide where she said that she didn't like his character and hers together and that she didn't think Logan deserved Veronica. From what I understand, he wasn't too thrilled about that interviewed.

Lost starts next week, too, and I'm excited about that too. I really enjoy Lost, but I'm not obsessesed with it the way some pople are. Baby Sis doesn't care for Lost. She was rather dismissive of me when I tried to explain to her why I like Lost. Which was annoying. Sometimes she can be rude. I love her anyway, but the rudeness is sometimes taxing to me and makes me want to smack. HARD.

Last night was Mom's birthday. Omar and I drove up to NH to see the fam and had dinner with them. Baby Sis made a carrot cake that was actually pretty good. Even if it didn't have sugar in it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home