Happy Thought Indeed

Once upon a time, there was a girl who loved Jane Austen, U2, movies, reading, and the Red Sox. Then she met the Object of Her Affection and found someone who liked three out of five. She decided this was a good thing. This is her story.

Saturday, March 15, 2008

Good-bye, David H.

Oh, well.

I knew that the people I liked would probably have to go eventually. David Hernandez probably lost because of the whole squick factor, but I'm sure we'll hear from him again on some horrible VH1 reality show or something like that.

I like Michael Johns and Carly Smithson and Brooke White, but that's kind of it. David Archuleta is adorable, but he's a little annoying with that whole Melinda Doolittle humility vibe he's got going for him. I loathe Amanda Overmyer. I have no idea what people see in her.

Clinton and Obama are tearing each other apart and the only thing that's going to accomplish is getting McCain to look good. They need to stop the negative attacks and just campaign.

We're going to look at a house next Friday that's owned by friends of my parents. It's a fixer upper so that'll be interesting to see.

Went to dinner last night at Omar's favorite restaurant, John Harvard's. Since it was Friday during Lent we had to have meatless. I got a roasted cod and pasta dish and it's the first bad meal I ever had there. I should have gone with the fish and chips. The cod was bland and tasteless and the pasta was spicy. It was a very bad taste combination. Omar had the tuna steak and he said it was good.

I can't wait till Lent is over. I only really do the whole no meat thing on Fridays because Omar does it. And I haven't slipped once. Plus I haven't had a diet Coke (which is what I gave up for Lent) or any other kind of soda (except for the ginger ale I had while I was sick) since Lent started. That has actually been easier than I thought and I may just give up soda all together and keep drinking water and juice.

Watching Flip This House on A&E and it's the Richard Davis one. This episode has been pretty funny because the house itself didn't really need a lot of work; it was all cosmetic. So they did this whole thing where they thought it was haunted and brought in a psychic. It was kind of funny. I like the home improvement stuff better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home