Happy Thought Indeed

Once upon a time, there was a girl who loved Jane Austen, U2, movies, reading, and the Red Sox. Then she met the Object of Her Affection and found someone who liked three out of five. She decided this was a good thing. This is her story.

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

A Vague Disclaimers Is Nobody's Friend

So Guy Smiley snuck in and won the MI primary. Hmmm. Perhaps the Apocalypse really is upon us. Where's Buffy andd Angel when you need them?

Also, someone needs to explain to me why there are apparently no democrats in South Carolina
since only Republicans are having a primary there this weekend.

My boss told me today that the ops manager on my floor doesn't want to promote me not because he doesn't like me, but because I'm needed in my chair until the end of tax season. It's about what he needs, according to my boss. My response? Well, that's not what I need. I did my year. I'm allowed, after my year, to start applying for other jobs in the company. So I will.

There's a position that may be opening up in our Portsmouth office and I will apply for it. Omar just got a new job with a significant raise so we're going to be looking for a house. We'll probably still stay in Massachusetts (holy crap does Michael Douglas suck at announcing Brian Williams), but just move closer to the NH border. Omar will still be working in MA, so it doesn't make sense to leave completely.

Erin Burnett from CNBC just said "Asians and Arabs" like they were swear words. Look, foreign governments are buying into the American economy like whoa. They saw an opportunity and they came in from the kill. How is that not like Americans? Now the debate is whether or not this is a bad thing or a good thing is about to take over business news.

For the love of God, can we please stop talking about Guy Smiley's win?? The man makes me nauseous. I can't even talk about it anymore.

Omar told me the other day he thinks he might want to run for political office in a few years. God help me if anyone ever writes anything about him the way I write about Guy Smiley.

1 Comments:

  • At 2:11 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Mitt Romney suspended his bid for the Republican presidential nomination Thursday, saying if he continued it would "forestall the launch of a national campaign and be making it easier for Sen. Clinton or Obama to win."

    "In this time of war, I simply cannot let my campaign be a part of aiding a surrender to terror. This is not an easy decision. I hate to lose," the former Massachusetts governor said.


    SUCK IT GUY SMILEY!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home