Happy Thought Indeed

Once upon a time, there was a girl who loved Jane Austen, U2, movies, reading, and the Red Sox. Then she met the Object of Her Affection and found someone who liked three out of five. She decided this was a good thing. This is her story.

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Shock

When I logged on to MSNBC today to check and see what the market had finally closed at, I did not expect its red banner to read: Breaking News: Actor Heath Ledge Dead at 28. I thought it was a joke at first.

I've been stunned all afternoon since reading this. I just watched 10 Things I Hate About You last week on tv. I couldn't even believe it. I still can't believe it.

I loved him. Had such a crush on him after The Patriot. And now to know that his daughter will grow up without him and that the world lost someone so talented. That's just so, so sad.

I think when older celebrities die, you have a moment of nostalgia for them and what they stood for. When young ones, like Heath Ledger, pass, you just sit there unable to believe it. He was younger than I was. He had so much more ahead of him and now it's gone and whether that was an accident due to an overdose or suicide, it's just such a waste and a loss.

I just can't stop thinking about his poor daughter who will never know her father now. Hopefully, she will know how much her father loved her and be able to take comfort in that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home