Happy Thought Indeed

Once upon a time, there was a girl who loved Jane Austen, U2, movies, reading, and the Red Sox. Then she met the Object of Her Affection and found someone who liked three out of five. She decided this was a good thing. This is her story.

Thursday, April 13, 2006

Countdown

Busy, busy, busy!! Lucy's been a busy girl.

Well, not in the sense that she'd like to be anyway. store has kept me hopping like you wouldn't believe. There are some days when The Object of My Affection and I don't even see each other. I'm asleep when he's goes to work, he's asleep when I get home from work. It sucks. I can't remember the last meal he and I ate together where one of us wasn't on the phone with work (okay, that's mostly Rock Starr. Omar, whom I love deeply, has a cell phone he must answer when it rings. So the conference calls can go on for awhile). In fact, I can't remember the last meal we ate together, period.

But in three weeks it won't matter because we'll be married. Finally. After all the garbage, all the money, all the running around. We'll be married. And not to be mushy or anything, but I'm so looking forward to it.

Baby Sis came down this past weekend and she and Omar and I just hung out. We went to Target, we rented movies, we had Chinese food. We just hung out. It was a total nonwedding day and we didn't talk (too much) about the wedding and I was like, "My two favorite people in the whole world are sitting on my couch right now and I'm happy." That's it.

That being said, the nonwedding day cost me. I have a seating chart to finish, pictures to order, a deejay to meet, a dress fitting, flowers to order, etc. Plus we still have to pick the readings, the hymns, etc. And I'm wiped out. Just tired all the time.

Wedding planning is exhausting. But I kind of don't care. Omar and I are going on our honeymoon and I couldn't be more excited about getting married to him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home