Happy Thought Indeed

Once upon a time, there was a girl who loved Jane Austen, U2, movies, reading, and the Red Sox. Then she met the Object of Her Affection and found someone who liked three out of five. She decided this was a good thing. This is her story.

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

People Are Stupid

And that says it all right there, people.

There are days I really enjoy my job. This very adorable little girl named Claire gave me a big hug today and was so cute I wanted to take her home. Then there are days when I think that these people are sucking my brain cells out one by one and making me stupider with them. It's like they're born dumb and they just get dumber as they get older until there's no intelligence left in their brains and there's just this vacant look in their eyes.

Vacancy, my friends. It's there and it's taking over.

So, in keeping with the stupidity thing, I watched American Idol. People are completely delusional. How can these people think they're talented. Little Claire who gave me a great big hug today has more talent than these people and she's barely two! (Can I reiterate how adorable little Claire was? Cute little pudgy girl with big brown eyes, silk fine sandy brown hair that was static electricitied up around her head and just the cutest, most adorable kid I've seen in awhile. That's saying a lot since I work in a kids/baby/maternity store. I see cute kids all day long) Anyway, I watched it because they had auditions in Boston this year while I was still at The Store and a couple didn't show up to work during those so I'm dying to see if any of my girls secretly went to check it out. the store has people too old and too sensible to go there so I don't expect to see any of them.

Tom Cavanaugh is one of my favorite tv actors. I loved Ed. I thought it was a great show. Love Monkey not so much so far.

I love how networks make shows look so incredible in the promos, then you watch it and it's crap. I mean some shows, no matter how much the promos make it look great, still suck and you can still tell they suck even in the promos (like that crapola Heather Graham show that got cancelled after one show). But this one looked like it had promise. Plus Jason Priestley is a pussy in this show. And he got fat. And now Tom Cavanaugh's character is hitting on a woman at the bar talking about his ex girl friend and I've decided: this show sucks. Law and Order SVU it is.

Dick Wolf uses a lot of people from Homicide and OZ. I didn't really watch the former, but my roommate Ford and I were getting HBO free for like two years (I have no idea how; they never turned it off after a free weekend and we weren't going to complain). We did watch OZ. Hey, Sissy Spacek's daughter is playing a murderer on L&O SVU. She was funny in Orange County, but who wasn't? Tom Hanks' kid looks like a dork, but he was funny in that movie.

Kevin Kline's in the new Pink Panther movie. I love Kevin Kline. French Kiss is one of my favorite movies. "When people tell me they are happy, my ass begins to twitch." Best line in a Meg Ryan movie.

Wow the guy playing Schuyler Fiske's father looks like shit. He never looked that bad on Homicide.

I miss Omar. A lot. I want him to come home. At least everything here stopped vibrating, though. That was completely freaking me out. Today I thought the new car got stolen because I couldn't find it in the parking lot. Also freaked me out. I've decided I'm just completely susceptible to freak outs. It must be a Starr girl thing, 'cause my mom and Baby Sis are the same way. Freak first, ask questions later.

Which is why stupid people drive us so nuts. They make us freak out more than anything else.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home