Happy Thought Indeed

Once upon a time, there was a girl who loved Jane Austen, U2, movies, reading, and the Red Sox. Then she met the Object of Her Affection and found someone who liked three out of five. She decided this was a good thing. This is her story.

Thursday, September 22, 2005

Old and New

The last day at The Store was hard. Much harder than I anticipated it being. I was sobbing when I left. I wrote the staff a letter and posted it on the bulletin board, so hopefully they will see it before the store manager takes it down because she's a bitch.

I took my keys off my arm for the last time, locked them in the safe, and felt like I had just dropped a piece of my identity in the trash. It was awful. I cried all the way home. Thank God Omar was home. He took good care of me. We went out that night to meet some of the people from work for a drink. I promised them I would check in every now and then, make sure everyone was doing okay.

It wasn't awful like I thought it would be. I know my staff will miss me and I definitely miss them. But it was so hard to walk out that door and not feel like I was leaving a piece of me behind. Even thinking about it now, and knowing I'm going to work somewhere else, it doesn't feel real to me. My whole last day I kept thinking it was a joke. But it wasn't. I left, for good, and it's hard. It's still a little upsetting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home