Happy Thought Indeed

Once upon a time, there was a girl who loved Jane Austen, U2, movies, reading, and the Red Sox. Then she met the Object of Her Affection and found someone who liked three out of five. She decided this was a good thing. This is her story.

Sunday, May 15, 2005

Time To Move On?

So ever since my boss got back, work has sucked. Our BIG VISIT did not go well. In fact, my regional manager was least impressed with me. Which, after two months of hearing how fabulous I was from my district manager, came as something of a shock. She didn't like the way I was hiring, thought I was slacking on the networking, and didn't care for any of my suggestions. Two days after the visit, my boss sat me down and gave me the RSM's feedback from my interview with her.

I asked if I needed to find a new job.

My boss told me I didn't, but that I needed to step up to the plate and really take charge of job or I would have to find a new one. Truth is, my company isn't making sales plan, my region is last in its zone and my RSM is on the verge of being fired. So she's making everyone else's lives harder. I'll go before my RSM, my store manager will go before my RSM, and my district manager will go before my SM does. But that doesn't make me feel any better.

So I started looking at want ads, posted my resume on line and have been half-ass looking for a new opportunity. The idea of not working weekends or nights any more is very tempting and I'd love to spend more time with Omar. But I don't know if I know how to do a 9 to 5 office job anymore. I didn't exactly enjoy the experience the first time around. I don't know. I'm still thinking things through. I can tell you, though, I don't enjoy going to work anymore. As much as I love my boss as a person, she's been a brat to be around the last couple weeks. I hate working when she's there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home