Happy Thought Indeed

Once upon a time, there was a girl who loved Jane Austen, U2, movies, reading, and the Red Sox. Then she met the Object of Her Affection and found someone who liked three out of five. She decided this was a good thing. This is her story.

Friday, January 27, 2006

I Love TiVo

I do. I love TiVo. Rock Starr gave it to me for Christmas. I love this gift. I can tape All My Children now without having to worry if I remembered to leave the cable box on and the t.v. off. I can tape American Idol now while I'm at work. I love this gift. It was almost my favorite Christmas gift. Almost.

My favorite Christmas gift? My mom gave me the first season of The Muppet Show on DVD. That was my favorite gift. Is that freaky? To quote Denis Leary: We love the Muppets! We do love the Muppets. Omar and I spent three hours watching the first disc and we giggled through the whole thing. Veterinarians Hospital! Gonzo! Simon Smith and his Amazing Dancing Bear! The song from the Diet Cherry Vanilla Dr. Pepper commercial (which was also featured on the BBC version of The Office)! It is too cool for school. The Muppets, for God's sake. I felt like I was in heaven watching it. I felt childish and all grown up at once. I had forgotten the simple joys of the Muppets. It was, without doubt, my favorite gift. It edged out the TiVo, but not by much.

So, besides being in love with my TiVo and my Muppets DVD, I am otherwise pretty bored with what's going on lately. I watch American Idol on Tuesday and Wednesday, Lost and Invasion on Wednesday, and The Office on Thursday. That's pretty much it. There's nothing else on that I love. Baby Sis hooked me on Grey's Anatomy, but if I miss an episode, it's okay.

Omar and I registered recently at Macy's, Crate and Barrel, and Linens N' Things. We still need to pick pots and pans out, though. We're thinking about buying a house after the wedding, so I'm thinking about alternatives for my job. I want to drop down to part-time keyholder, go to school at night and on the weekends, get my paralegal's license, and then get a good job. Hopefully, all before the holidays so I don't have to deal with this garbage again. If I can do all this, I'll be really freaking happy, but I'm not sure it'll fly. My manager will be pissed, but I don't care. I'll have benefits through Omar so I don't care about anything else. And I really want to go back to school.

I gave Omar my cell phone when I came into the house, because Eva called me as I was pulling into the driveway and I had to pee. He's been on the phone with her for almost an hour now. I don't think I'm getting my phone back!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home