Happy Thought Indeed

Once upon a time, there was a girl who loved Jane Austen, U2, movies, reading, and the Red Sox. Then she met the Object of Her Affection and found someone who liked three out of five. She decided this was a good thing. This is her story.

Friday, March 23, 2012

Spring and New Days

I always look forward to spring. After a dreary, cold, dark winter, Spring feels like the start of something new. Fall is my favorite time of year, though. Not just because my birthday falls smack dab in the middle of it, but because it feels just as much like renewal to me as spring does. The weather cools down, the leaves change color. It's not like the birth of spring, by any means, but it's special to me. The air smells better, the colors are crisper. Spring is muddier and green. I like the reds and the oranges of fall better.

My baby is not really a baby any longer. He runs with the big kids, talks up a storm, and spends all of his time playing with tools and pretending to do yard work. He's not too big to still want cuddles, which is nice. Potty training is a challenge. So far, we bribe him with m&ms just to get him to sit on the potty. Getting him to go is another story altogether.

I left my nice job in operations to take a job with the IT department at my company. So far, it has not been a screaming success. Right now, there's nothing available for me to do so I spend a lot of time reading documents other people wrote and opening tickets for system access. It's been frustrating, but I'm trying to keep a positive attitude about it. My positive attitude for today? It's Friday and I'm almost done.