Happy Thought Indeed

Once upon a time, there was a girl who loved Jane Austen, U2, movies, reading, and the Red Sox. Then she met the Object of Her Affection and found someone who liked three out of five. She decided this was a good thing. This is her story.

Thursday, December 07, 2006

Sickness, Bones, and Crazy-ass Weirdoes

I have a sore throat. It is very sore. I am using this VILE VILE throat anesthetic from CVS that makes me want to hurl, but it numbs my throat beautifully so it doesn't hurt as much.

I have a new tv obsession. Bones. I never thought I would want to watch anything with David Boreanaz in that wasn't produced/created by Joss Whedon, but here I am. All about it. I even got Omar to watch it. No small feat, I tell you. I just love Emily Deschanel and how literal her character is. I'm going to rent the season 1 DVDs at some point (no sense buying when I don't have any money and I need what I have to buy Christmas gifts) so I can catch up. But I'm really enjoying the series so far and I'm glad that Lost got moved to 10 pm so I don't have to decide which I want to watch.

I've also been watching Standoff on Tuesday nights, before Veronica Mars, because I refuse to watch Gilmore Girls. I watched one episode this season and it was crap. Baby Sis still watches, but I'll pass. Anyway, Standoff is not actually that great. But Ron Livingston and Gina Torres are in it and that's why I watch. The girl who plays the female negotiator is a terrible actress and I think she's woefully miscast. But it's better than anything else on that hour. I tried getting into Firday Night Lights but I just couldn't make myself love it.

The crazy-ass weirdoes are the people I talk to on the phones. I sometimes want to throw things at the computer because these people are so effing nuts. Old people who can't remember things, brokers who are rude, etc. And when you're sick and can barely speak, it's even worse.

Other than that, though, the job is okay. I don't love it but I can stand it. And if that isn't a ringing endorsement for work, I don't know what is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home